No-Dig Award 2006
Jun 26, 2006
Entries are invited for the N0-DIG AWARDS for 2006, to be presented at International No-Dig 2006 Brisbane 29 October 2 November 2006.
- Academic research project or training aid/course
- Trenchless project completed
- New machine, tool, material, system or technique introduced
- Student or young professional paper*
The judges will be asked to consider:
- Does the entry make a contribution to the advancement of trenchless technology world-wide
- Does the entry contribute to protecting the environment and/or reduce social costs?
- Are the above benefits clear from the entry?
- Is the entry innovative, ingenious, elegant or novel?
- Is the entry commercially and economically practicable?
- Will the award make an impact with the media, decision-makers and the general public?
- Will the award impress ISTT members?
- Has the entry been well explained and presented?
- improved economy and competitiveness of trenchless installation;
- length of speed of drive for installation, replacement or renovation;
- accuracy or size of installation;
- materials used;
- ground conditions successfully dealt with;
- improved acceptability for clients, operators and/or the environment;
- underground detection, recording and mapping of obstacles, both natural and man-made;
- safety; matters related to training in the field of trenchless work.
Closing date for entries to the ISTT at firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 July 2006
More News and Articles
Jun 05, 2023
Hydrant-locating app launched for standpipe users
A free water hydrant-locating app for standpipe users has been launched by Aquam Water Services. The standpipe supplier developed the app to point permitted customers to the nearest hydrants approved for use by water companies, using information provided by individual …
Jun 02, 2023
Focus on pipe protection
Kwik-ZIP centraliser and spacer systems are solving challenges in trenchless pipe installations across Australia and worldwide. Late in 2022, Sydney Water and the West Region Delivery Team (WRDT) contracted Quickway for a water mains installation project. Quickway specialises in transport …
May 30, 2023
Trenchless contractor puts maintenance hole relining system through its paces
Civil and trenchless specialists M Tucker & Sons showcases its expertise through a UV lining project.
May 26, 2023
City of Toronto launches tunnel boring machine for stormwater tunnel and largest basement flooding prevention project
Today, the City of Toronto marked a major milestone for the Fairbank Silverthorn Storm Trunk Sewer System project, launching a tunnel boring machine that will work to construct a new storm sewer that will collect, store and move stormwater from …
May 24, 2023
Global Water and Wastewater Utilities Take Aim at Climate Change
New Survey of 100 Utilities Tracks Net-Zero Progress: 75% of Respondents to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 2040
May 22, 2023
Regional San’s monumental wastewater treatment plant expansion project delivered ON schedule and UNDER budget
The EchoWater Project, one of the largest public works projects in the Sacramento region’s history, takes wastewater treatment to a whole new level
May 19, 2023
Haliotis 2: Wastewater recovery and treatment complex
In April the future, next-generation wastewater recovery and treatment complex for the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur “Haliotis 2” was presented. Christian Estrosi, Mayor of Nice, President of the Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur and Deputy President of the Région Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur …
May 17, 2023
Wrapping up the challenges in SA
In December 2022, Denso Australia completed the supply of a project involving the protection of 400 lineal metres of DN250 mild steel pipeline in Bolivar, South Australia.
May 15, 2023
New South Wales university receives network upgrade using SAERTEX-LINER® MULTI Type S+
Australian Pipeline Management (APM) has successfully relined three separate pipelines running under a university in Sydney with UV cured-in-place technology from SAERTEX multiCom® GmbH.
May 12, 2023
IMPREG continues to invest in Australian and NZ market
With increasing demand of IMPREG’s unique UV pipe solution, the German company continues to invest in the Australian and New Zealand market.
May 10, 2023
Yonge Street Project Combines Trenchless Rehab and New Install Practices
In the fall 2020, the Regional Municipality of York initiated a project to rehabilitate a 127 m long concrete box culvert under Yonge Street. The Region retained Jacobs Engineering to provide design and construction support services.
May 08, 2023
Climate adaption solutions for the water sector in the German-Danish border area
More than 60 participants met in Kolding, Denmark, from March 23 to 24 for the final conference of the INTERREG-Project NEPTUN. In the frame of this project, more than 40 partners elaborated 15 specific climate adaption solutions for the water …
The International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT)