No-Dig Award 2006
Jun 26, 2006
Entries are invited for the N0-DIG AWARDS for 2006, to be presented at International No-Dig 2006 Brisbane 29 October 2 November 2006.
- Academic research project or training aid/course
- Trenchless project completed
- New machine, tool, material, system or technique introduced
- Student or young professional paper*
The judges will be asked to consider:
- Does the entry make a contribution to the advancement of trenchless technology world-wide
- Does the entry contribute to protecting the environment and/or reduce social costs?
- Are the above benefits clear from the entry?
- Is the entry innovative, ingenious, elegant or novel?
- Is the entry commercially and economically practicable?
- Will the award make an impact with the media, decision-makers and the general public?
- Will the award impress ISTT members?
- Has the entry been well explained and presented?
- improved economy and competitiveness of trenchless installation;
- length of speed of drive for installation, replacement or renovation;
- accuracy or size of installation;
- materials used;
- ground conditions successfully dealt with;
- improved acceptability for clients, operators and/or the environment;
- underground detection, recording and mapping of obstacles, both natural and man-made;
- safety; matters related to training in the field of trenchless work.
Closing date for entries to the ISTT at email@example.com by 21 July 2006
More News and Articles
Jan 14, 2022
A plan to set up a large-scale water desalination plant in Indian Ocean has been shelved because it is costly.
Jan 13, 2022
As water grows scarce in the region, Orange County officials will need to grapple with new contaminants as new drinking water sources are tapped.
Jan 12, 2022
Professor Dame Helen Atkinson suggests that, despite numerous challenges, the past two years have taught the global engineering community some important lessons about best practice in the prevention, preparedness, response and recovery from pandemics.
Jan 11, 2022
Philippe Sébérac, director of technological and scientific expertise at Veolia, explains how the firm and its project partners have updated their early warning system for identifying and quantifying Covid-19 in wastewater to cope with new variants, and discusses a broader …
Jan 10, 2022
Recently, drone technology has revolutionised the recording of underground structures and sewers.
Jan 07, 2022
West Virginia American Water Completes Acquisition of Page-Kincaid Public Service District Water System
West Virginia American Water announced that it has completed its acquisition of Page-Kincaid Public Service District’s water distribution system. The company now owns and operates the system as part of its New River system.
Jan 06, 2022
Sundyne Expands India Office to Capitalize on Local Growth Opportunities and also to Increase Engineering Support Around the Globe
Expanded Scale and Scope of the India Footprint Targets Strategic Growth Opportunities in Energy, Chemical & Petrochemical and Industrial Markets, while Bolstering Engineering Support for Domestic and International Customers.
Jan 05, 2022
Steel, clay, plastic and composite pipes range in lifespans, which can be expanded based on maintenance. However, not all are best for every trenchless project.
Jan 04, 2022
Leading voices from across aviation share their thoughts on how the sector can decarbonise and what the future of air travel will look like.
Jan 03, 2022
59,000 sq. metres of warehouse and office space in Saint-Augustin (Pas-de-Calais) • Low-carbon concrete and photovoltaic panels to reduce environmental footprint) • A contract worth about €79 million
Dec 31, 2021
Sandvik to acquire leading mine planning software company Deswik and launch new Digital Mining Technologies division
Sandvik has signed an agreement to acquire Australian-based Deswik, the leading and fastest growing major provider of mine planning software. Deswik will be part of a newly formed division Digital Mining Technologies within business area Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions.
Dec 30, 2021
ST Engineering’s Corporate Venture Capital Unit Invests in hiSky, a Satellite Voice, Data and IoT Solutions Provider
ST Engineering announced that its Corporate Venture Capital unit, ST Engineering Ventures Pte Ltd, led a US$30m Series A round in Israel-based hiSky Ltd., a leading developer and provider of affordable and agile satellite Internet of Things (IoT) networks and …