Intelligent Pigging & Routine Mechanical Cleaning of Pipelines
This intensive three-day foundation level course covers pigging of pipelines whether it is for cleaning purposes or for defect identification and assessment is vital to ensure that the integrity and reliability of pipelines is effectively managed throughout the entire life cycle from design through decommissioning. This course will provide participants with the fundamental and principles of pipeline pigging, conditioning, and processing from the production to process facilities, or from the process facilities to the final distribution and then to the consumption end user.
Course Objectives include:
- Enable interpretation and assessment of data generated out of intelligent pigging runs.
- Explain mandatory regulatory requirements for intelligent and routine pigging operations including pre & post pigging operations.
- Comprehend the different intelligent pigging technologies to enable selection of most suitable techniques for your specific application.
- Explain pipelines integrity management codes requirements and how routine pigging can help maintaining the integrity of the pipeline across its design cycle and beyond.
- Highlight how intelligent pigging data can be correlated with other operation, monitoring and inspection date to explain the pipeline behavior and failure code.
- Recognize the different types of mechanical cleaning pigs and how the pig design can influence its effectiveness and ensure smooth operation.
- Clarifies organizational interfaces and roles and responsibilities of the relevant technical personnel engaged in the pigging operations including contracts development and execution.
- Explain different standards and formulas related to assessment of pipe defects including fitness for service.
- Provides insight into different repair option to defected lines and explain requirements to EPRS protocols