Watts Water Technologies Inc. to Acquire Bradley Corporation
Oct 06, 2023
Watts Water Technologies, Inc.,– through its subsidiaries, one of the world’s leading manufacturers and providers of plumbing, heating and water quality products and solutions – today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Bradley Corporation (“Bradley”) for $303 million, subject to customary adjustments.
Bradley is a trusted provider and manufacturer of commercial washroom and emergency safety products serving commercial (primarily institutional) and industrial end markets for over 100 years. The company offers a comprehensive product portfolio that includes plumbing fixtures, washroom accessories and emergency safety products to a diverse customer base. Bradley has annual net sales of approximately $200 million.
Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Pagano Jr. commented, “Today’s strategic acquisition delivers on our mission to improve comfort, safety and quality of life for people around the world. Bradley’s complementary portfolio will enable us to provide our customers with innovative water solutions, as it adds front-of-the-wall applications to our differentiated back-of-the-wall portfolio. We believe we can leverage the combined strengths of the two companies’ sales networks and channel relationships to facilitate cross selling and accelerate growth.
With expanded end market access, increased product diversification, a strengthened go-to-market position and our highly experienced leadership team, Watts is well positioned to capture run-rate cost synergies, capitalize on growth opportunities and drive value creation.”
Compelling Acquisition Expected to Yield Meaningful Strategic and Financial Benefits
- Extends product portfolio and market leadership: Bradley’s innovative front-of-the-wall portfolio includes a full suite of high-quality, specified and code-driven products.
- Increases end market exposure to secular growth themes: Strategically expands Watts’ position in commercial (primarily institutional) and industrial markets. This is expected to accelerate growth as these markets continue to benefit from long-term secular trends such as water conservation, safety and regulation and energy efficiency.
- Leverages the One Watts Performance System and connected strategy: Achieves meaningful cost synergies through commercial and operational initiatives in addition to global sourcing savings.
- Enhances competitive positioning: Combines two leading brand portfolios with proven, longstanding track records of delivering high-quality, innovative products and solutions.
- Brings highly experienced management team and skilled work force: Adds strong leadership with deep industry expertise, including Bryan Mullett, Bradley’s Chairman and CEO, who will join Watts as President of Bradley, a new platform within Watts’ Americas region.
- Accretive transaction providing long-term financial benefits: The transaction is expected to be modestly accretive to Adjusted EPS in 2024 due to incremental interest expense and normal purchase accounting adjustments. The transaction value, net of the estimated tax benefit, represents less than 8.0x forecasted 2023 proforma Adjusted EBITDA after factoring in expected run-rate cost synergies. Adjusted EBITDA margins expected to be accretive by 2027.
Bryan Mullett said, “We are very pleased to have Bradley join Watts and see tremendous opportunity for incremental value creation. This will help us capture the benefits from our diverse range of innovative and customized front-of-the-wall solutions and Watts’ global reach, broad product portfolio and operational strength. I am looking forward to joining the management team to drive continued growth and support the integration of these two companies that have a combined 250-year heritage of experience and endurance in sustainable water products and solutions.”
Pagano concluded, “Watts and Bradley complement each other well in terms of culture and shared vision, with proven track records of delivering innovative, high-quality products and solutions along with outstanding customer service. We look forward to welcoming the Bradley team to Watts Water Technologies.” Additional information regarding the transaction will be discussed during Watts third quarter earnings call in early November 2023.
More News and Articles
Nov 29, 2023
Researchers at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) have made a groundbreaking discovery that could change our understanding of evaporation, a ubiquitous process in our environment. They found that under certain conditions, light can directly cause evaporation without the need for …
Nov 27, 2023
NEW UNITRACC Construction Site Documentation: "Rehabilitation of a DN 400 Concrete Gravity Sewer with a SAERTEX-LINER® MULTI over a Length of 69 m" (CIPP)
New construction site documentation in the renovation section of the e-learning platform: Rehabilitation of a DN 400 concrete gravity sewer with CIPP lining using SAERTEX-LINER® MULTI, type S+ Standard. The objective of this rehabilitation measure was to enhance the structural …
Nov 27, 2023
Digitising water management
Nov 24, 2023
Budleigh Salterton is a popular and picturesque seaside town situated within the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Located at the start of the stunning Jurassic Coast; a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognised for its outstanding rocks, fossils and …
Nov 22, 2023
Having been in business for 86 years, Interflow has proven it knows a thing or two about longevity. Right now, that requires an all-encompassing sustainability strategy, as Richard McCarthy, Interflow’s executive general manager southern region, explained.
Nov 20, 2023
An interview with Managing Director Robert Ristow
Nov 17, 2023
Tractebel and Aurecon forge strategic partnership to revolutionize dam projects in Queensland, Australia
Tractebel and Aurecon form a strategic alliance to revolutionize dam projects in Queensland, Australia, combining their global expertise and local knowledge to meet the rising demand for dam upgrades.
Nov 15, 2023
SA Water will use horizontal directional drilling (HDD) to assist in installing a section of pipe underneath the Melbourne to Adelaide rail corridor.
Nov 13, 2023
Saudi Arabia’s visionary city, Neom, is leading the way in sustainable water solutions with the construction of a desalination plant powered entirely by renewable energy.
Nov 10, 2023
Adept Civil Group has successfully delivered on a sewer reticulation extension project at the Charlemont Rise estate.
Nov 09, 2023
NEW LAUNCH: UNITRACC Module "Details on the Installation of Lining with UV Cured-in-Place Pipes" (Renovation: CIPP)
Introducing the new e-learning module for the course "Renovation: Lining with Cured-In-Place Pipes"! This module focuses on the installation of UV CIPP using the high-quality SAERTEX-LINER® specifically designed for gravity pipes and sewers - with contributions by renowned manufacturer SAERTEX …
Nov 08, 2023
Extreme rainfall, flooded streets, destroyed houses and infrastructure, people fighting for their lives amidst the floods. 2021 was also marked by such tragic events. It´s time to ask how flood disasters happen, and what can be done about them.