Ditch Witch® Walk-Behind Trenchers Deliver Superior Return On Investment
Mar 14, 2012
The Charles Machine Works (CMW), Inc., manufacturer of Ditch Witch® underground construction equipment, has introduced a new line of compact and powerful walk-behind trenchers, each of which is designed and manufactured to provide an exceptional return on investment for small business owners, particularly equipment rental companies.
- Hydraulic system, as opposed to belt-driven. Decades ago, the Ditch Witch organization made the decision to transition to longer-lasting, easier-to-use hydraulic systems on its trenchers. The entire line of Ditch Witch walk-behind trenchers incorporates a stacked, in-line hydraulic pump configuration that effectively eliminates vertical shafts and the use of belts and/or flywheel reduction systems, and ultimately reduces downtime.
- Ease of operation. All Ditch Witch walk-behind trenchers have fully hydrostatic ground drives, with simple-to-use, hydraulic, skid-steer-style steering. Even novice operators can quickly understand the hand controls—one hand to mobile, two hands to trench—so there’s less operator training necessary, and less operator fatigue.
- High-quality OEM products. From the digging teeth to the heavy-duty steel frame, the Ditch Witch organization designs and manufactures virtually every component of its trenchers and other equipment lines at its 30,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Perry, Okla. What components the company must outsource are selected for their reputation for long-lasting performance, such as the 12-, 20-, and 24-horsepower Honda® engines that power the Ditch Witch RT12, RT20, and RT24, respectively. The RT16 is equipped with a Vanguard® Briggs & Stratton™ engine that performs as well as, or better than, other engines in the 16-horsepower class.
- Options that enhance value. With every new walk-behind trencher, the Ditch Witch organization offers a choice of high-flotation tires or a heavy-duty DuraTrak™ track system, which provides exceptional traction and stability over rough and uneven terrain.
- Standard features and support. Outboard bearing supports protect the hardest-working portion of a trencher. These supports come standard with Ditch Witch walk-behind trenchers, while other trencher manufacturers offer them as optional equipment.
More News and Articles
Nov 29, 2023
Researchers at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) have made a groundbreaking discovery that could change our understanding of evaporation, a ubiquitous process in our environment. They found that under certain conditions, light can directly cause evaporation without the need for …
Nov 27, 2023
NEW UNITRACC Construction Site Documentation: "Rehabilitation of a DN 400 Concrete Gravity Sewer with a SAERTEX-LINER® MULTI over a Length of 69 m" (CIPP)
New construction site documentation in the renovation section of the e-learning platform: Rehabilitation of a DN 400 concrete gravity sewer with CIPP lining using SAERTEX-LINER® MULTI, type S+ Standard. The objective of this rehabilitation measure was to enhance the structural …
Nov 27, 2023
Digitising water management
Nov 24, 2023
Budleigh Salterton is a popular and picturesque seaside town situated within the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Located at the start of the stunning Jurassic Coast; a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognised for its outstanding rocks, fossils and …
Nov 22, 2023
Having been in business for 86 years, Interflow has proven it knows a thing or two about longevity. Right now, that requires an all-encompassing sustainability strategy, as Richard McCarthy, Interflow’s executive general manager southern region, explained.
Nov 20, 2023
An interview with Managing Director Robert Ristow
Nov 17, 2023
Tractebel and Aurecon forge strategic partnership to revolutionize dam projects in Queensland, Australia
Tractebel and Aurecon form a strategic alliance to revolutionize dam projects in Queensland, Australia, combining their global expertise and local knowledge to meet the rising demand for dam upgrades.
Nov 15, 2023
SA Water will use horizontal directional drilling (HDD) to assist in installing a section of pipe underneath the Melbourne to Adelaide rail corridor.
Nov 13, 2023
Saudi Arabia’s visionary city, Neom, is leading the way in sustainable water solutions with the construction of a desalination plant powered entirely by renewable energy.
Nov 10, 2023
Adept Civil Group has successfully delivered on a sewer reticulation extension project at the Charlemont Rise estate.
Nov 09, 2023
NEW LAUNCH: UNITRACC Module "Details on the Installation of Lining with UV Cured-in-Place Pipes" (Renovation: CIPP)
Introducing the new e-learning module for the course "Renovation: Lining with Cured-In-Place Pipes"! This module focuses on the installation of UV CIPP using the high-quality SAERTEX-LINER® specifically designed for gravity pipes and sewers - with contributions by renowned manufacturer SAERTEX …
Nov 08, 2023
Extreme rainfall, flooded streets, destroyed houses and infrastructure, people fighting for their lives amidst the floods. 2021 was also marked by such tragic events. It´s time to ask how flood disasters happen, and what can be done about them.