Aarsleff to build water treatment plant in Sri Lanka
Sep 01, 2008
Aarsleff has won a contract for the building of a new, large potable water treatment plant on the outskirts of Sri Lanka’s capital Colombo. The plant will have a daily water treatment capacity of 180,000 cubic metres of surface water from the river Kelani. The plant is going to supply 450,000 inhabitants with clean drinking water.
The contract has been entered into together with Sri Lanka’s National Water Supply and Drainage Board and is funded by Danida’s Mixed Credits. The work begins now and is expected to be completed in July 2010. The project is carried out in a joint venture with the Malaysian company Salcon Engineer Berhad. Salcon’s joint venture share is 40% while Aarsleff has the remaining 60%. Aarsleff is the leading party.
Aarsleff has just finished a major sewer rehabilitation project in Colombo. The contract does not give rise to a change in the outlook for the profit for the financial year that ends on 30 September 2008.
Per Aarsleff A/S
Ebbe Malte Iversen
Phone: +45 87442222
More News and Articles
Mar 24, 2023
Innovative technologies remove pharmaceutical residues from wastewater
Every year on 22 March, World Water Day reminds us of the importance of one of the most important resources of life. Almost two-thirds of our planet is covered with water, but not even three percent is drinkable freshwater. Every …
Mar 22, 2023
Delivering sustainable solutions to solve water challenges
With British Water’s conference on creating a more sustainable water sector approaching, Stephen Kennedy, head of digital and innovation at MWH Treatment shares his views on celebrating recent successes in creating a more sustainable sector while also discussing the challenge …
Mar 20, 2023
Supporting the National Water Strategy through scientific research
This month, the federal government of Germany introduced the first National Water Strategy. “With this strategy, the federal government is shining a spotlight on the necessity of integrated water resource management, serving as a leading example of resource use in …
Mar 17, 2023
Trenchless manufacturer celebrates installation of 100,000th liner
SAERTEX multiCom®’s trenchless pipe relining product, SAERTEX-LINER, has been installed for the 100,000th time.
Mar 13, 2023
Spring collaborates with Microsoft and Impact X on water innovation
The water sector’s innovation centre of excellence – Spring - is collaborating with Microsoft and Impact X on a new initiative to make tools and funding available for start-ups to accelerate their companies.
Mar 10, 2023
State of Global Water Resources report informs on rivers, land water storage and glaciers
WMO reports on freshwater availability in a changing climate
Mar 08, 2023
Australia: Centenarian sewer gets after-dark upgrade
Over 100 years since its inception, Brisbane’s S1 Main Sewer has undergone a seven-year upgrade.
Mar 06, 2023
UKWIR gives access to hundreds of water sector research reports
UK Water Industry Research (UKWIR) is providing free access to over 1,000 of its water sector research reports aimed at helping to improve water and wastewater services for customers, and protecting the environment.
Mar 03, 2023
Sector must challenge public misconceptions through engagement
The water sector must tackle “unfair criticisms” by sharing more about the great work it delivers, Yorkshire Water’s chief executive, Nicola Shaw, told attendees at British Water’s Better Together reception in Hull.
Mar 01, 2023
World-first project to ‘self heal’ cracked concrete using sludge could save $1.4 billion repair bill to Australia’s sewer pipes
Water treatment sludge could be used to prevent 117,000 kilometres of sewer pipes in Australia from cracking in future, without any intervention by humans, helping to save $1.4 billion in annual maintenance costs.
Feb 27, 2023
Delaware Water Treatment Plant Opts for Penetron to Protect New Concrete Structures
The final 2022 commissioning of the Doe Run Road Water Treatment Plant enables the city of Newark, Delaware (USA), to increase the quantity and quality of the city's drinking water to better meet growing demand – and EPA guidelines. PENETRON …
Feb 24, 2023
Aussie Trenchless: the future of pipe rehabilitation solutions
Aussie Trenchless has been passionate about progressing future infrastructure opportunities and accomplishing superior outcomes since it was founded in 2014.